Netxcell Limited is a pioneer in providing innovative, carrier grade software solutions such as Customer Lifecycle Management, Campaign Management, Provisioning of Data/Voice Services and Different flavors of Inbound and Outbound voice services to Operators & System Integrators. Tapas, Netxcell’s new generation and cloud ready platform has a modular and scalable architecture to design and deploy customized solutions across multiple channels, quickly and efficiently. Netxcell has its presence across all the major operators in India and has made inroads with few of the top operators in Africa, with various Technological Solutions.
Zantel is part of the Etisalat Group and was started in 1999 with mainland operations starting 2005. Headquarters in Abu Dhabi, Etisalat Group is one of the world’s leading telecom groups in emerging markets. Since its inception almost four decades ago, Etisalat has been introducing innovative connectivity solutions for its customers across the Middle East, Asia and Africa. These Cutting-edge solutions have given Etisalat the ability to expand its subscriber base to more than 182 million in the 19 international markets it operates in. Etisalat’s market 23.8 billion USD.
Zantel is the only Integrated Telecom service provider in Tanzania offering International Gateway services, Fixed, Mobile and data services through its CDMA, GSM , 3G networks.
Business Pain Areas
- NetxCell wanted to upgrade their server & storage infrastructure to deliver better service to Zantel.
- NetxCell had no ground presence.
- Data migration from legacy systems to new system with almost zero downtime.
- Zantel was looking for experienced SI with support on ground.
- Storage and Backup was a problem as they were using NetBackup to External HDD.
- Setup was lacking Replication, Snapshots & continuous data availability.
- Zantel was not willing to allocate dedicated resource for support & maintenance.
- Project deadline was just 35 days.
- Reduce time to go live
- Assured Backup & Recovery strategy with NetApp Backup solutions
- Reduce Physical server count form 8 to 3 by using VM Ware.
- Continuous availability of data and service with help of NetApp Snapshots and Replication.
- Reduce any downtime with ondemand service engineer.
- Bizoneer took up the initiative to do the site study and analyzed gaps pertaining to current infrastructure, legacy systems, service & support.
- Understood the Application performance requirements, and storage RTO & RPO needed as per 5 year growth plan.
- Assigned an on-demand service engineer to assist on 1st level support.
- Delivered the project with in 30 days from the date of PO.